2021 COVID policy
Please scroll down to see the VKR's latest update, 11 July 2021.
VKR COVID Update
The Victorian Government has eased COVID-restrictions effective from Thursday 8 July 11:59 pm. Accordingly, the VKR Executive Committee in consultation with relevant technical committees and senior instructors has updated its COVID-safe guidelines for VKR clubs.
The below guidelines seek to manage the risk to the VKR community and have regard to the risk factors involved in our respective arts.
Specifically, VKR is recommending the following:
· Do not attend training if you are unwell or have any symptoms - however mild.
· Regularly check the list of Exposure Sites and follow Victorian Department of Health advice: https://www.dhhs.vic.
· In-person training may continue providing that your club's COVID-safe plans are implemented and adhered to.
· Please follow your respective training venue's guidelines and density limits.
· Government QR Check-in Code is mandatory
· Face masks are mandatory indoors in line with venue guidelines except during strenuous exercise/activity and if it would mean you would be out of breath
· For Kendo, mandatory use of men face shield (full or half shield as determined by clubs) (mask optional based on club risk assessment and level of activity)
· Inter-club trainings are now permitted. Any such incoming and outgoing training request must be approved by the head instructor/sensei of both relevant dojos
If you are eligible, the VKR also recommends that you get vaccinated. To book a vaccine appointment, you can click on below link:
We will continue to monitor the situation and review the guidelines as the situation improves and in line with Government guidelines.
Take care and stay safe.
Victorian Kendo Renmei